Welcome to Kirsten’s Zoo and thank you for offering to foster a dog/puppy for us. Please read everything carefully.
As a foster parent, please understand the following:
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- While in your care, you will be fully responsible for the dog that you are fostering. The dog that you agree to foster may or may not have been fully vaccinated or health checked depending on individual circumstances. You will be informed of the particular dog’s status and what, if any, medication or precautions are required. Dogs that have not been fully vaccinated must not be taken into public areas where they could be at risk of infection.
- You are required to inform us immediately if there are any health concerns or other problems. Please consult Kirsten’s Zoo before taking an animal to the vet as we have preferred clinics. If a second opinion is sought, we will not cover the costs and will make any final decisions about the treatment given.
- We cover all necessary veterinary costs, but not grooming or other non-medical costs unless pre-arranged. We can provide products such as Frontline/Heartgard.
- We ask that you provide food for your foster dog. Recommended brands include Fish4dogs, Wellness, Hills, Zignature, AATU. No supermarket brands such as Pedigree, Alpo or Cesar – they are high in sugar and food colouring.
- You will be required to bring the dog to our adoption events. They run on the second and fourth Sunday of every month at Peak Café Bar, 9-13 Shelley Street, Central from 1.30-4.30pm.
- You will also be required to make the dog available to potential adopters as a pre-arranged visit to your home, at your convenience.
- Under no circumstances must a foster dog be given to anyone else without prior approval from Kirsten’s Zoo, this also includes any accessories you may have borrowed from us such as bowls, harnesses, collars.
- If Kirsten’s Zoo requests that you return the foster dog, you must endeavor to do so.
If you don’t receive an answer to your application within 3 days, please check your junk mail.