Welcome to Kirsten’s Zoo and thank you for offering to foster a cat/kitten for us. Please read everything carefully.
As a foster parent, please understand the following:
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- While in your care, you will be fully responsible for the cat that you are fostering. The cat that you agree to foster may or may not have been fully vaccinated or health checked depending on individual circumstances. You will be informed of the particular cat’s status and what, if any, medication or precautions are required. Cats that have not been fully vaccinated must not be taken into public areas where they could be at risk of infection.
- You are required to inform us immediately if there are any health concerns or other problems. Please consult Kirsten’s Zoo before taking an animal to the vet as we have preferred clinics. If a second opinion is sought, we will not cover the costs and will make any final decisions about the treatment given.
- We cover all necessary veterinary costs, but not litter, grooming or other non-medical costs unless pre-arranged.
- We ask that you provide food for your foster cat. Recommended brands include Royal Canin Kitten or Adult, Wellness, Orijen (dry), Applaws (wet), Kakato (wet), Almo Nature (wet) & Natural Balance (wet). No supermarket brands such as Purina, Whiskers, Sheba etc, they are high in sugar and food colouring.
- You will be required to bring the cat to our adoption events. They run on the third Sunday of every month at PAWTNERS (113 First St in Sai Ying Pun) from 1-4pm.
- You will also be required to make the cat available to potential adopters as a pre-arranged visit to your home, at your convenience.
- Under no circumstances must a foster cat be given to anyone else without prior approval from Kirsten’s Zoo, this also includes any accessories given to you from Kirsten’s Zoo such as litter boxes, bowls etc.
- If Kirsten’s Zoo requests that you return the foster cat, you must endeavor to do so.